In the Super Down ULTRA system, we have cut the fabric weight down by 40% compared to the original Super Down. The fabric features a new Toray finishing process which employs heat processing to slightly melt the fabric into a down-proof structure. This process reduces the need for coatings, allowing for an even lighter fabric.
Featuring Toray's DWR-treated QUIXDOWN, BlackRiver Outfitters's down insulation systems keep their loft even when wet. 850+ down fill power means that 1 oz of down takes up at least 850 cubic inches of volume, making it the loftiest (and therefore warmest) on the market. In the Super Down ULTRA system, the new double-baffle structure keeps down migration to a minimum, preventing cold patches.
In the Super Down ULTRA Jacket, we've brought the hand pockets up and away from the hem, allowing for easy access when wearing with your pack. The left hand pocket doubles as a stuff sack, allowing for easy packing.
• Insulating mid-layer. Designed to fit close to the body, wear over a base layer and under outerwear
• Lining: 100% Nylon, 26 g/m² 12D ripstop fabric
• Athletic fit
• YKK zippers
• Zippered hand pockets
• Left hand pocket doubles as stuff sack
• Stretch binding-finished cuffs
• Adjustable hem
• Down Fill: M 1.8 oz, L 1.9 oz, XL 2.1 oz, XXL 2.3 oz, 3XL 2.5 oz